We all want to get rid of unwanted body fat! But very few of us know that body fat makes an excellent soft tissue filler substance. Autologus fat transfer is one method that transfers fat from one part of the body to another to re-contour the face/augment certain body areas, such as, breast or buttocks. It is to fill out the body areas that requires more body fat and hence rejuvenate ageing skin and revitalize it. AFT isn’t limited to age factor or gender and can be performed on anyone that requires it.
Why Choose AFT:
About AFT Procedure
- To correct the prominent frown lines, crow’s feet and nasolabial folds
- Provide shape to cheeks and chin
- To correct hollowed facial and hand skin
- To fill the depressed area on the body
- Augment breast or buttocks
- Penile enlargement
AFT is a surgery performed under expert guidance and under suitbale anaesthesia. It involves following steps:
Taking out fat
Liposuction is done at the abdomen, back, or thighs. This is done using syringe liposuction or by water-jet assisted liposuction.
Processing of fat
The fat is allowed to sediment and centrifuged to seprate the unwanted components. This reduce the fat survival rates. It is collected and processed in a gentle manner without exposing the fat to the air.
Transfer of fat
The fat is injected to the the required areas using the cannula in the form of small droplets and in multiple panels. This ensures the greater survival rates.
The surgery usually takes 2-3 hours. The process has excellent results and doesn’t require any major precautions. However, to have the best results it takes 7-14 days. Oral meications are provided post surgery so as to ensure best results.
- Evaluating general health status and pre-existing health conditions
- Examining and measuring the target area
- Discussing all the available surgery options to achieve the goal
- Discussing with the consultant of potential complications
- Discussing the current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alohol intake, etc.
- Discussing previous surgeries, medical conditions, drug allergies, etc.
Before undergoing AFT surgery, an individual must understand all the aspect of the process and choose the best available option.