Everyone wishes for a firmer, higher and more youthful looking breasts. And while it takes a long term exercise routine to shape them, breast lift/mastopexy is one easy way to re-shape your figure and restore the shape that is lost post-pregnancy. The breast lift surgery provides more fullness to the breast and increases the size at the same time.
You may need to have breast life for the following reasons:
- Have Pendulous breasts
- Have breasts that lack substance or firmness
- Have nipples and areola pointing downwards
Breast lift surgery in Jaipur
We have a team of expert breast lift surgeon in Jaipur on board and are known to perform surgery in the most comfortable zone for the patient. Before the surgery is performed the area to be uplifted is marked. Depending on the extent to which there is sagging in the breast, following incision options are available at Institute of cosmetic surgery:
Named after donut, in Donut Matopexy, the donut-shaped area around the areola is removed. This is done when there are minimal breast and skin laxity.
Short vertical scar mastopexy:
The incision is made vertically down around the areola aiming infra-mammary crease.
It involves the following steps:
- The breast tissue to be operated is lifted and reshaped to improve the breast contour and firmness.
- The nipple and areola are re-positioned to a natural and more youthful look
- If needed, the enlarged areolas are reduced by excising skin at the perimeter
- The excess breast skin is removed to compensate for the loss of elasticity
The least preferred method by the surgeons, anchor mastopexy involves making a horizontal scar under the breast and often leads to unnatural results.
Though breast upliftment is a safe surgery if performed under the expert guidance, it has its own associated risk too. Following are a few of them:
- Anesthesia risk
- Bleeding or hematoma formation
- Changes in nipple and breast sensation
- Breast contour and shape irregularities
- Breast asymmetry
- Fatty tissue unspotted
- Fluid accumulation
- Partial nipple loss
- Deep vein thrombosis and cardiac complications
Consultation before the surgery
Following precautions should be taken before undergoing the surgery:
- Get lab testing or medical evaluation
- Quit smoking
- Taking certain medications as prescribed by the doctor
- Discussing all the possible surgery options
- Following particular treatment regime pre, during and post surgery.
- Discussing all the possible risk factors and general complications with the doctor/consultant
Normal swelling can be observed for a day or two but in most of the cases, it doesn’t prevail for more than 24 hours. The normal discomfort can be eradicated with the oral medications and it is advised to wear a sports bra for at least 4 weeks post-surgery. The sudden excessive movements are to be avoided and stitches are removed within 2 weeks.